Leading solutions and services provider for global Oil & Gas industry needed a cladding service to manufacture corrosion and abrasion resistant components.
- Provide cladded components to a client in Singapore.
- Components were typically sent to Europe for cladding and brought back to Singapore for delivery.
- Longer turnaround times and higher logistical expenses resulted in a high costs
- WHF provided all the required services which included cladding and machining under the same roof.
- Special tools for cladding were designed in-house.
- Innovation in machining process enabled the handling of the material made out of Inconel.
- A special torch was installed for welding processes to maximize the usage of welding location.
- For the inspection of components, special ultrasonic inspection probe was designed which also allowed easy access to standard equipment.
- Client could drastically reduce the costs due to the extra logistics involved and sourcing from high cost country by moving this to a Low Cost Country
- Logistics and other costs avoided by Customer since WHF provided this as a 1-Stop Shop Service
- Client enlisted WHF as one of the few qualified suppliers for cladding of components.