A leading solutions and services provider for global Oil & Gas industry based out of US and Europe, needed a reliable service provider who could provide functional coatings for its components.
The client was facing a logistical nightmare in sourcing forgings and machining from India but having to ship the components to Europe for coating and then subsequently have the coated products shipped back to Asia or to other locations.
WHF followed its institutionalized approach to tackle the challenge with three basic tasks
- Understanding the core difficulty
- Finding the optimum solution
- Maintaining the timeline of execution.
To address the core problem of high costs involved in logistics at the client end, WHF proposed a plan to provide all the required services from Forging to Machining to Coating in one location.
WHF teamed up with one of the leading providers of functional Coatings with whom the client worked with in Europe to bring the same technology to India in the form of a Joint Venture.
- The client was able to project significant reduction in expenses by saving on the logistics.
- As WHF could successfully provide all the required services in one geographical area, at extremely competitive prices, the client enlisted WHF as one of the few preferred suppliers in India.
- The Joint Venture was able to bring specialized technology to India and will be a boost to the “Make in India” initiative.